Date(s) - Saturday
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
MOVE Yoga.Pilates.Dance Studio
Join Angelina Thorne for a balancing act of history, music, grace, and strength!
The tray dance is so much more than just keeping a tray balanced on your head!
This workshop will cover:
– Some of the HISTORY (and the “fauxlore”) behind this tradition.
– Appropriate MUSIC & context.
– Common movements and TECHNIQUE including shimmies, traveling steps, upper body work, floor work.
– STRENGTH and FLEXIBILITY-building conditioning exercises for dancers to take home and work on in order to pull some of these athletic moves off!
– Short COMBINATIONS for practice that take you from your feet to the floor and back again!
You will learn the how, why, when, and who behind this form of entertainment, as well as a few tricks to help you keep that tray where it belongs.
A few trays will be available to borrow, but please endeavour to bring your own! Round wood & metal trays are preferred – please do not bring glass or ceramic trays. You may also wish to bring knee pads or a pair of leg warmers to protect the knees during floor work, and a pair of socks to protect your feet.
WHEN: Saturday, July 21st from 1:00 – 3:30pm
WHERE: MOVE Studio in New West (Free parking downstairs/ Skytrain accessible!)
HOW: 2.5 hours/ $50 / Register by e-transfer to msangelinathorne (at) gmail (dot) com, or Paypal (button below)
SPACE IS LIMITED! REGISTER NOW!